An average head size for Men is size 7 3⁄8 (using U.S. size), 58 cm (using European size) or 7 1⁄8 (using UK size). The average head size for Women is 7 1⁄4 (U.S. sizing) .Of course, head sizes and shapes can also differ from country to country.
Step 1: MEASURING HEAD SIZE
- Measuring tool: a soft cloth measure tape or a string
- PLACE it around your head, across mid-forehead and positioned 1/8 inches above the ears.
- Measuring :hold the tape /string firmly but not too tight ,measuring the length in CM.
- Find the suitable size on the hat size chart .
Step 2: MATACH THE HAT SIZE CHART
After measuring the head size you can match your head size with our hat size chart as below list –
Hat size for adults & children:
ADULT HAT SIZE
|Head Size in inches||US Hat Size||General Hat Size||Metric Size|
|20 7/8||6 5/8||Small||53cm|
|21 1/8||6 3/4||Small||54cm|
|21 1/2||6 7/8||Small||55cm|
|22 1/4||7 1/8||Medium||57cm|
|22 5/8||7 1/4||Large||58cm|
|23 1/2||7 1/2||Extra Large||60cm|
|23 7/8||7 5/8||Extra Large||61cm|
|24 1/4||7 3/4||Extra Large||62cm|
|24 5/8||7 7/8||Extra Extra Large||63cm|
|25||8||Extra Extra Large||64cm|
KIDS HAT SIZE
|KANGOL SIZE||AGE OF CHILD**||MEASURED IN INCHES||MEASURED IN CM|
|Kids Small||Under 6 months||Less than 19″||50cm|
|Kids Medium||–||Less than 20 1/4″||52cm|
|Kids Large||–||Less than 21 1/2″||54cm|
The head grows to almost 80 per cent of the adult size during the children’s first year. We have found that for hat sizing purposes head measurement is more important than the child’s age. That is why that with the exception of infants, we do not list sizes by age. Our experience has shown us that the size small is very small and only fits infants. Please measure your child’s head. OTHER THAN FOR INFANTS, AVOID SIZE SMALL.
Hint: HOW TO MEASURE A HAT SIZE
- Measuring tool: A scissor type compass hat size measure tool
- PLACE it inside of the hat crown around with the sweatband and open the scissor in max. width
- Measuring :then you can read the hat head sizing in cm/inches from the tool